It’s been nearly a year since I ran a post called Searching for humor. In that post, I listed beekeeping search terms that people typed into the box that ultimately landed them on this site.
Yesterday, on a whim, I looked back through the last thirty days of beekeeping search terms and came up with the following list. I don’t know if they are as funny as last time—certainly there are no prizes as good as “pollen tramp”—but some are thought-provoking nevertheless.
My posts have been woefully serious in the last few weeks, so I thought I would lighten it up a bit before going back to recipes, winter management, and dead bees. Punctuation was added for clarity.
- How can I frame a honey bee?
- Is beehive inhalation good or bad?
- My bees won’t stand down.
- How to stop my syrup from decrystallizing?
- Bee feelers for sale.
- Need software for my mites.
- I killed my honey.
- How to make purple honey without bees?
- My beekeeping gloves stink.
- How do you eat a beehive?
- Is syrup a liquid or solid?
- Why is honey bee camping wet?
- Can eating colored paint cause diarrhea?
- I need a walkaway bee suit.
- My frames rotated.
- How should I overwinter dead bees?
- Need a cream of tartar plant.
- Can that wax-like thing be eaten whole?
- Drones don’t sing.
- Want queen shearing lessons.
- Honey bee egg rolls.
- What do honey bees read in winter?
- Need Warré style sawdust.
- Why do bees fall in love?
- My bees are moving their hive.
- Honey bee settee.
- I need a demonstration of table manners.
- My frames are having comb problems.
The best…. How do I overwinter dead bees. You just made my day. ha ha thank you….
Rotf! Love it!
I liked ‘honey bee settee’
HOW DO YOU SMOKE A BEE? VERY CAREFULLY.
Enjoyed your list!
: chuckle : tone-deaf drones and militant bees. Got to love it.
What blog entry did you post to attract ‘Can eating colored paint cause diarrhea?’
I’m guessing it was, “Does honey cause diarrhea?“
So many funny ones here! I had someone search for ‘My beekeeping gloves stink’ and find my blog this week too. I wonder why they don’t try washing them! Or use disposable latex ones, more hygienic and less stinky.
Q: What do honey bees read in winter?
A: Plutarch’s “Hives”
(“Hives of the Saints”? “Hives of the Kings & Queens of England”? “Great American Hives”?)
I wish my frames had more comb problems!